Harmony Outreach founded
The result of answering that call is that I became the Founder and Executive Director of Harmony Outreach, a ministry whose mandate is to spread the knowledge of Jesus and to help the vulnerable throughout the 10/40 Window—in China, Ethiopia, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Spreading the Knowledge of Jesus Helping the Vulnerable
Cambodia Learn2Work Outreach to university students Esther's House (rescuing exploited girls)
Churches and Christian schools in the provinces Providing surgeries
Training indigenous pastors Disaster relief
Ethiopia Evangelism to Muslims Hanna Orphans' Homes
Building churches in unreached areas
Vietnam Ministry School for the underground church Clean water wells for remote villages
J-Club Outreach to University Students Outreach to tribal children/
Tribal People Outreach (Hmong, Red Dao, and Tay)
- Ethiopia: Harmony supports four orphan homes near the Addis Ababa through our partner Hanna Orphans' Home. We have a significant evangelistic outreach to Muslims, build churches in remote areas, and partner with the evangelical church.
- Cambodia: The cornerstone of our work in Cambodia is our Learn2Work Outreach to Buddhist Background University students. We help rescue girls from sex exploitation through our partnership with Esther's House. We support village churches and Christian schools in the provinces, and train under-educated village pastor through our partnership with the Nathanael Project.
- Vietnam: In Vietnam we train underground church ministry candidates in Saigon and Hanoi. Most recently, we have an outreach to unreached tribal people groups. J-Club— outreach to university students in Hanoi and Saigon— and we support village outreach in the MeKong River Delta. So far, we have provided 10 water wells to remote villages lacking access to clean water.
- China: Although Harmony Outreach's China project closed in June of 2018, we worked in China for 12 years. Since then, nearly 150 of our orphans were adopted to loving families all over the United States and the world. We provided over 100 surgeries to the poor, orphans and minority people. We supported KaiFeng Deaf school, an underground seminary in DaTong, the Catholic orphanage of DaMing, and the DingBien orphanage for teens.
In addition, Harmony frequently provides for the poor in all of our countries as follows:
- Water wells in remote village communities lacking access to clean water.
- Surgeries and other medical relief to the poor.
- Scholarships to help orphans and young people attend university.
- Building homes for the needy.
- Disaster relief.
- Micro-loans to keep young girls out of trafficking.