Little Lily—who was adopted in May and is now called Gia—is facing major heart surgery in Boston on November 12. The surgery is to basically convert Gia’s malformed heart into a double-ventricle organ. Surgery is estimated at 8 hours, followed by a week in ICU and then 2-3 more weeks in the hospital. In addition to the stress of such a surgery, Gia is one of six children, and the family lives in Maryland—not in Boston. Here are the family’s specific prayer requests:
- Completely successful surgery, with fast recovery and no complications.
- God to carry the other children as they are away from mama and baby sister for about a month.
- Strength and health for grandparents as they care for the other children.
- Peace for all of us, with abundant calm, health and peace for dear Gia who has no idea what is ahead of her.
- Strength for when Mom is alone with Gia in Boston.
- Wisdom for parents if unexpected medical decisions have to be made quickly.
The family says, PRAISE GOD WITH US for what HE WILL DO! Here are verses God has given them on which they are basing their faith:
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have DONE what I have PROMISED you. (Gen 28:15), and “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalms 147:3)